January 1 rolls around every year, and every year most of us make a list of things to change-- a list we usually forget about before the end of the new year's first quarter.
Well I am proud to report that I am making good on my promise to myself for 2013--I have put no heat in my hair! That's right...no straightening, no blow drying; in fact, the only times I've used heat is to deep condition. *pats self on back*
With 2014 right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about next hair goals. If you haven't pondered on ways to make your hair better next year, here are a few tips to help you figure it out:
- Think back over this year. What has annoyed you the most about your hair? Work on changing it next year!
- How do you usually wear your hair? If you always do the same things, consider switching it up. If you're a twist-out kind of girl, consider doing more wash-n-gos.
- Focus on health! Most of us want our hair to look nice, but we're not always mindful of the health of our hair. Make 2014 your year to learn more about products, ingredients, and the best techniques!
- Start a new regimen. Starting and sticking to a regimen is one of the toughest challenges of this natural hair life, but when you do, you notice a real difference in your hair. If you haven't settled into a routine yet, 2014 might be your year!
- Help someone else. There are plenty of naturals in need of advice. If you've got your stuff together, offer some guidance! You might consider writing for an up and coming natural hair site, like KayNatural. ;-)
- Don't resolve to do anything. Some may not agree, but a New Year's Resolution isn't always necessary. If you're happy with your hair and the processes you use to tame it, just keep doing you!